To identify, develop and coordinate resources, policies, programs and services
that support and empower all residents of Maplewood and South Orange
to age in place as full members of the community.
Recognizing the increasing number of residents over 60 and the desire to keep long-term residents in our communities, South Orange and Maplewood (SOMA) launched "Two towns for all ages." Under this new initiative, SOMA is taking a proactive approach to foster healthy aging and enable residents to age in place.
This age-friendly initiative engages all stakeholders in the community - government, businesses, schools, non-profits and faith-based organizations - to build a community that serves the needs of residents of all ages. To ensure programs and services in our two towns meet these important goals we strive/pledge/commit to:
- Be responsive to the needs of older residents.
- Combine the resources and interests of both towns to build a synergistic relationship that promotes and supports healthy, engaged and vibrant aging.
- Recognize the role older adults play in our communities and their contributions to the fabric of our diverse community.
- Realize that improvements that benefit the older population also benefit the rest of our community.
- Encourage older adults to engage in the conversation and be responsive to their concerns.
Both towns are committed to the long-term continuity and sustainability of the SOMA Two towns for all ages initiative.
" A Good Farmer"
SOMA Two Towns for All Ages Welcomes the American Theater Group to SOPAC
The American Theater Group is making SOPAC its new home and is inviting seniors to an opening performance and a pre-show dessert reception. Featuring original works, ATG’s A Good Farmer is a story ripped from the headlines that deals with a farming community and its struggles with issues of immigration, loyalty, family, survival and compassion. Join us for the show’s premiere performance on JAN 24 AT 7:30PM, and a dessert reception in the SOPAC loft at 6:30PM. Enjoy a $5 discount off the regular $25 price when using code ATG5 at checkout.
For tickets visit www.SOPACnow.org/good-farmer online or call the box office at (973) 313-2787.
Please RSVP for the reception at (973) 762-8120 x4005. The box office will not take a reservation for the reception- make sure to call (973) 762-8120 x4005 to ensure your spot.
SOMA Two towns for all ages is supported through the generosity of
The Grotta Fund for Senior Care